For students arriving Fall 2014 and later:
Year 1 Fall Term
- The stipend is paid by the ILS program / Graduate School (beginning first day of Fall term through Dec 31).
- 2015-16: $25,000 annual rate
- 2017-Summer 2020: $28,000 annual rate
- Fall 2020-Summer 2021: $30,000
- Fall 2021-Summer 2022: $31,200
- Fall 2022-Summer 2022: $31,824
Year 1 Spring & Summer Terms
- The stipend is paid by the unit into which the student matriculates (ILS annual rate beginning Jan 1).
Years 2 to 5
- The stipend is reset to the unit standard whether this be higher or lower than the Year 1 stipend.
Units are responsible for guaranteeing funding upon matriculation into the unit (i.e. Jan 1 Year 1) and for a total of 5 years at UGA (i.e. 4.5 years after they enter the unit’s program). Students should be paid for a full 12 months while in the program (not just the academic year). Any financial mechanism plus necessary supplements can be used (e.g. faculty grant RAs, extramural/intramural fellowships, TAs, etc.) as long as the above guidelines are maintained.
For students arriving Fall 2011 to Fall 2013:
- The stipend is $24,000 paid by the ILS program funding.
Years 2 to 5
- The stipend is either $20,000 (the minimum) or the department/unit standard if this is larger than the minimum.
The department/unit is responsible for guaranteeing funding for years 2 to 5, which can be done by a variety of means (faculty grant RAs, other fellowships, TAs, etc., plus supplements as needed to be greater than or equal to the minimum).
For students arriving Fall 2009 and Fall 2010:
- For MCD Track Students, the stipend is $24,000 salary.
- For EEO Track Students, the stipend is $20,000 salary plus $4,000 per year research allowance.
- Year 1 – The stipend is paid by the ILS program funding, except in the case of over-admission (see below).
- Years 2 to 5 – The department/unit is responsible for guaranteeing funding at the same rate as year 1, which can be done by a variety of means (faculty grant RAs, other fellowships, TAs, etc., plus supplements as needed.